Monday 10 January 2011

Easy Meditation Techniques

The way we breathe is one of the most important factors in the health of our body. It’s important to take deep and full breaths to relax the body. Once the body is calm, we can relax the mind.
Five Minute Breathing Exercise:

1. Take a comfortable seated position with a straight spine and shoulders back.

2. Relax all of your muscles. Close your eyes and begin breathing through your nose. Notice if your breath is shallow and confined to your upper chest area.

3. On your inhalation, bring the breath down to the belly. Fill up the belly with your breath, as if you’re filling up a balloon and then expand your chest. On the inhalation; lengthen your spine and rise up.

4. On your exhalation, you contract-- your belly and chest go toward the spine as if you are deflating a balloon.

5. Inhale for a count of four seconds, hold your breathe for four seconds and exhale for six seconds. Repeat this breathing for a few minutes. If your mind wanders, gently guide it back to your breath. Maintain loving and kind thoughts.

Laurie Martin
Certified Life and Business Coach, Yoga Instructor


“I have tried this easy process fro my self to see if it works and I have to admit I did feel more relaxed after. In doing this process I put myself in the shoes of my possible target audience and helped me gain insight to what they do.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment